In this time of COVID19, our campaign is entirely committed to checking in with neighbors to see their immediate and emergency needs are met via local mutual aid networks. Mutual aid networks can help with payment and procurement of groceries, medication and other essential needs in the event you cannot venture out due to illness. If you know of those who might benefit from this information please share.
Friends of De Jesus Mutual Aid Intake Form.
- File this form to our campaign for assistance connecting with local mutual aid efforts in or around AD-38.
Mutual Aid, Mental Health, Business, and Other Emergency Resources
- Comprehensive & interactive map of mutual aid networks by neighborhood.
- City Limits Resources for You
- Comprehensive information on testing, public health and health tips, unemployment assistance, business assistance, food & food insecurity, housing, legal assistance, free-wifi, social services, and mutual aid.
- Comprehensive Coronavirus Resource Kit
- Information on mutual aid networks, financial assistance, resources for artists, and information on state-specific relief efforts.
- Hungry Monk Rescue Truck
- Volunteer-based organization providing food and emergency aid to our homeless and hungry community members.
- NYC Covid Care
- A “NYC-based volunteer network of 2500+ mental health professionals, life coaches, spiritual care providers, organizers, and crisis line operators ready to offer you free support in this time of incredible need.” (Facebook Group)
- Richmond Hill/Woodhaven/Ozone Park/Jamaica Hills COVID19 Mutual Aid Group
- Specific to Ridgewood, Queens and immediately adjacent neighborhoods. Text “I need support” to (929) 251-5044 or e-mail. / Mande un mensaje de texto con “necesito apoyo” al (929) 251-5044 o un correo electronico. Volunteers needed.
- Jahajee Sisters
- Emergency support for women of South Asian descent.
- Khalsa Aid USA (Queens)
- NYC Queer Mutual Aid Facebook Group
- School Meals Program
- Local public schools are providing meals to community-members. Contact the schools nearest you for information.
- SNAP Government Assistance
Woodbine Mutual Aid and Food Pantry (Ridgewood, Queens)
- U.S. Small Business Association
- Coronavirus relief options for small businesses.
- Anti-Oppression Resource Guide
- Actions you can take to support vulnerable populations here in NY.
- Covid-19 Supplies NYC
- Information on need and ways to support production of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Nonprofit working to feed front-line health professionals.
- Right to Counsel & Housing Justice For All Rent MAYDAY RENT STRIKE KIT
- For additional information or support organizing your building for a rent strike please fill out our campaign intake form.
Resources for Artists & Writers
The following are listings for emergency grants and financial support for artists, including specific funds for COVID-19 related economic hardship, and further resources.
- Artist Relief
- Artists’ Fellowship, Inc.
- Artist Relief Tree
- Arts and Culture Leaders of Color Emergency Fund
- Authors League Fund
- CERF+ Emergency Assistance
- Creator Fund
- Foundation for Contemporary Arts Emergency Grant
- Gottlieb Emergency Grant Program
- Haven Foundation
- Joan Mitchell Foundation Emergency Grants for 2020
- Max’s Kansas City Project Emergency Grants
- Mayer Foundation Grant
- PEN American Writers’ Emergency Fund
- Poets&Writers Relief Fund
- Queer Writers of Color Relief Fund
- Rauschenberg Emergency Grant
Questions about Unemployment Benefits?
- Unemployment insurance (UI) provides temporary cash benefits to employees who have lost their jobs. If you worked in New York State within the last 18 months and lost your job, through no fault of your own, you may be eligible for UI.
- A person’s benefit rate is based on the recent wages they received from their employer(s). The current maximum weekly benefit is $504.
- Unemployment benefits are limited to 26 weeks with an additional 13 weeks available through the federal government’s recently created program, Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA), once an individual’s benefits have been exhausted.
- Under PUA those typically not eligible for unemployment, such as self-employed individuals, gig workers, and those seeking part-time employment are eligible to receive benefits
- To apply for unemployment visit labor.ny.gov.
Small Business Support
- Congress has passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act to assist business owners and create new resources for small businesses, as well as certain non-profits and other employers. You must apply through your bank that handles your business.
New York State Health Insurance
- If you have lost your health insurance, the open enrollment period in the State’s health exchange has been extended— allowing New Yorkers to sign up for health insurance until May 15th. For more information, visit https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/.